Monday, July 4, 2011

The REAL ART Roadshow

The Real Art Roadshow visited our school yesterday. We were so excited when we saw the HUGE truck arrive last week and it was hard waiting till Monday to get inside it.
The truck was filled with Contemporary NZ art and we all found a favourite piece of art. There was a real mixture of paintings, photographs, sculpture and drawings.
Paul the educator in the truck told us lots of interesting things about the art and how some of them were made. He told us 'that art can be anything!' and we should all be as creative as we liked. There are no limits when it comes to being an artist.
It was great that some of us were able to buy a sketchbook and pencil and we are now busy in our spare time drawing all sorts of things.
Brigit and her Rm 20 friends thought this piece of art made from felt was really cool
I liked this piece of art because I found a beak that I had never seen - Cody
This piece of art had us all 'wondering??' How was it made? What did it represent? Did it have special meaning to the artist? What was it made from?
I liked this art because there were lots of different animal parts in it so if you didn't know many animals you could learn from it - Max
I like this piece of art because I like guns! - Jake
Paul was great talking to us about the pieces of art. We learnt a lot from him.
This was a really cool piece of art with all the colours - Maddy
This piece of art made us laugh because of the banana man farting!
I love this piece of art just because I love mountain pictures - Sophie
It had a really cool texture and nice colours - Maddy
I like the mixed colours in it - Lavender
I like the shadows in this painting - Maneo
I thought this was a clever piece of art because they used curtains to look like the Southern Lights - Isabella
It showed us a different way of doing art - Maddy
I liked this because it looked like a real photo but it wasn't. The artist tricked us - Ollie

1 comment: